1980 Honda CB650 RC03
What it looks like now:
What it looked like when i got it:
Here’s my build thread on http://hondacb650.com.
List of modifications I’ve made to the bike:
- BCR Café seat and battery tray
- Relocate relay, battery and solenoid to the seat hump
- Excide AGM 4977 battery
- Seat reupholstered, black vinyl with diamonds and gray stitching.
- Replace BCR taillight with Hella Mix’n match LED’s
- Lower the headlight with new brackets, getting rid of the bulky stock contraption.
- Small led turn signals & led flasher relay
- New x-ring chain (gold) with safety wired locking clip and new sprockets.
- Marshall 4-1 Exhaust, shortened, gutted and custom made larger diameter baffle.
- Painted and wrapped headers with black Thermo-Tec 2″ x 50′ and new copper seals.
- Venhill diy clutch cable kit, aprox 15 cm shorter than original
- Bar-end mirrors
- OCD cleaned, polished carbs, jetted 120/42, needle clip in the middle one washer shim.
- Velocity Stacks from Steel Dragon Performance with foam filter inserts
- Calipers media blasted and overhauled with new seals.
- Drilled rotors Template
- New stainless brakelines
- SpeedBleeders (SB7100S) from www.speedbleeder.com
- New brake master cylinder reservoir.
- New piston, seals and spring in brake master cylinder (MSB-105 Kit for dual caliper RC03)
- New shifter seal
- Flushed forks and refilled with 15w fork oil
- VFR750 alu footpegs
- Removed the chain guard
- Removed the center stand (but kept the attachment so I can install it in a few seconds)
- Shaved down the side stand to a bare minimum
- Overhaul the ComStars. Paint spokes black, hub silver.
- Relocate horn to under the tank
- Choke mounted under the front of the seat frame to the left (where the side covers attach)
- Replace steering lock (no keys when I bought the bike)
- Shorten/cut front fender
- Hidden crankcase air filter
- New brass swing arm bushings
- Media blasted and painted the lower triple trees
- New top triple tree in billet aluminum
- Ditch the engine guards
- RFY adjustable rear “piggyback” shocks with painted stock springs.
- Aluminium muffler hanger
- Custom oil temp dipstick
- New tapered roller steering bearings
- Drilled shifter
- Drilled tank lock
- Drilled left engine cover
- DynaCoil coils (green) on custom brackets & DynaCoil wires.
- Relocate and put new ignition lock under the seat frame with start on key (like a car)
- Lower the front of the tank about 10mm using offset bushings
- Tank cleaned and sealed
- New adjustable clutch and brake lever
- New low profile throttle
- New mini handlebar switches from Posh (turn signal, horn and emergency stop)
- New professional paintjob on tank, seat, headlight and front fender (Mercedes Palladium Silver)
- Strip down, detab and powdercoat the frame, side stand, swing arm and engine brackets.
- New tires (Dunlop K70) and new Michelin tubes.
- Electrical system total rewire, new connectors, wires and sleeves.
- Relocate (hide) the brake light switch.
- Relocate fuse box to go under the seat.
- New adjustable license plate bracket with led lights.
- Headlight with 2.5″ hole for my Acewell speedo from Carpy
- High/Low beam switch on the headlight housing.
- AceWell all in one gauge to replace stock gauges and idiot lights
- All nuts & bolts on the bike are now stainless in the same strength as original or better.
A gallery of pictures from my build: